We've been busy, just like the rest of the world. The boys just got out of school and we are learning how to be at home together. It always takes about a week to settle in to the idea. Yesterday we took a bike ride to the park and had a picnic. On the way home the kids were exhausted and the two friends we had with us nearly quit on me. One told me he was never playing with us again. The other one just looked at me and said, "I QUIT". Possibly the ride may have been too far but where's the adventure if you stay close to home?
The boys ended the school year in style with whining about homework and begging me to let them stay home and sleep in. I told them in no uncertain terms would they stay home because then they'd end up in jail for sluffing. Anthony quickly let me know that was a lie and that I'd be the one in jail and he didn't care. I can see his point, there are days I'd do anything to stay in bed. That of course didn't change the situation and he left for school letting me know that he was going to start a petition to ban homework and he was certain that he could get more signatures than the teachers and then they'd have listen because the people voted.
Nic was sad because he just wanted to stay home with mom. He's my momma's boy. He clings to me. He is certain if he tries hard enough he will one day marry me. He is plotting against Kjel because he thinks that's the only thing in his way. Nic is not excited to start 1st grade even if he gets to eat lunch at school. It's just not worth giving up the time he can spend with me. I am so spoiled.
Isaak is just into trouble. He loves to play outside no matter the weather. He rides his bike everywhere and doesn't cease until we drag his bruised and dirty body into the house. I love when it's raining outside and he tells me that he can still go out because he's so fast he won't get wet.
Clayton is going to be in 5th grade and it's sucking the life out me. I can't believe he is that old. I just keep thinking we're halfway to getting you out of the house. It's of course flown by like everyone said it would. He's just growing up and I can't slow the minutes down.
On the other side of the spectrum we are working really hard on table manners so that some day the boys will get married and leave. We have some very interesting methods of consuming food that will prevent any sweet girl from giving any of them a chance.
Kjel is busy working. He is loving his job. This makes for a happy dad. YEAH!! He is a reporting analyst for his company. He stays busy and comes home talking about "important" things that don't make any sense. It's fun to listen to him, or look like I'm listening to him.
I'm doing well. I feel honest this morning so I'm going to lay it out on the line. What the hey. I've had some issues with anxiety and depression that have changed my life. I am doing so much better. It's interesting how things pop up. I am growing in my testimony of God and the gospel. I have found myself not thankful for the yucky times but thankful for the growth I have experienced because of the darkness that can creep in. I have found a deeper love for my husband and children. I am recovering and truly grateful for the blessings that I have received to help me get to where I am. It's all good. No worries!
For the summer mom and the boys (dad's working) have a camping trip planned. I love being in the mountains. It is truly beautiful; sitting around a fire, chatting about nothing, resting in my tent and hearing life around me, seeing the clouds and the stars, eating bugs that got stuck in my food, boys with tans that wash off when we get home. Who could ask for anything more?