I got this off my cousins blog. It was fun to read about her High School experiences so I thought I'd dump my Senior Year here. I always envied my cousin and wanted so much to be just like her. Such a cool person.
1. Did you date someone from your school? No, but I did hang out with my husband.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No.
3. Did you car pool to school? I should have but instead I drove alone to school.
4. What kind of car did you have? Kjel hooked me up with a beat up Ford Escort. It was blue and I ran it into the ground my first year of college.
5. What kind of car do you have now? I'd like to claim my husbands rice burner Mitsubishi Mirage but most often drive the Dodge Caravan.
6. Its Friday night...where are you now? Snuggling with my husband wanting to watch a movie and eat ice cream. Hoping we can get the kids to bed soon so we can be alone.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then? Snuggling with my husband watching a movie and eating ice cream.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked at Wendy's for a few months and then taught dance at a studio.
9. What kind of job do you do now? Anything that comes my way.
10. Were you a party animal? I wish. I was fun to be with (i think) but I was always worried about getting in trouble.
11. Were you considered a flirt? Only with my husband
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None of the above. I was in Dance Company. This is not the one where you get whiplash but the other dance company. I loved being a part of the group. My good friends now make fun of me for being a dancer but I'd do it all over again. 5, 6, 7, 8!
13. Were you a nerd? yes and no.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No, how boring is that?
15. Can you sing the fight song? Yes, I still get it stuck in my head. My senior year I layed off the whole School Spirit thing but my sophmore year we had this incredible football team and my big senior brother let me tag along with him to all of the games. I was even nominated Sophmore Spirit Queen. I was totally dedicated.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s) Mrs. Ryland, the dance teacher was awesome she always showed everyone love and concern. Mrs. Turney, taught aerobics and even though I only took one class from her we still write Christmas letters to one another. Mr. (AP English Teacher) i loved his class. The kids were rude to him but I learned so much about literature. I wish I could take his class now. Mrs. Lofgren, Sophomore English. I'll be honest I did not like her when I was in her class but I sure wish I would have sat down and shut up long enough to listen to her. She really wanted us to succeed. She had many students do just that. I lazily sat by and watched and got into a lot of trouble. I've learned a lot as I look back on her class. I had this Geometry teacher. I don't remember her name but I remember she really wanted us to succeed. I once said something rude to a kid in class and she quickly let me know she was disappointed. I was also upset that I'd be so rude but it meant so much more that I had let her down.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? Outside in the warm months. I'd usually sit down with anyone that would let me.
18. What was your school's full name? Kearns High
19. When did you graduate? 1996
20. What was your school mascot? Go mighty Cougars
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Maybe, I messed it up in many ways the first time. I would go back to be a better friend. I might study harder.. might. I think I'd play more and get to know more people. I'd be more of a true friend, less focused on me and more noticing of others.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? Kjel and I ate take out at home from Training Table, we then got in our car and drove to Prom. We stayed for a little while but mostly felt out of place. I guess it's not really the married people scene. You can guess how the evening was spent....
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Every morning, day and night!
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? No, I've not hit any of them. I get all freaked out in these kind of situations so it's just better to stay away.
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Yes, but not enough of them. So many of them have changed my life and don't even know it.
26. School Colors? Green and Gold.
27. What celebrities came from your high school? The gangsters you see on the news in SLC. In honor of my dear friend Annie I must say that not ALL the gangsters are from Kearns. Just some of them. We also had students that went on to Columbia University, work with US Presidents and truly make a positive difference in their life and others. Kearns is an awesome school with many types of students. Thanks for the correction Annie.