This morning marked a big step for me. My cute little baby left for an overnight trip with the school. Clayton will be gone for THREE days and TWO nights. Those of you with older kids are thinking... enjoy the moment. Those of you with younger kids are thinking... are you crazy?
Yes I'm crazy, how can I send my little guy away????
It was so simple. Last night we packed his bags, this morning he loaded his bags in the trunk and then we drove to school. He then opened the trunk grabbed his bags, swung them over his shoulder as if lifting a feather and carried them to the drop off point. I got my one last hug and he quickly turned away and was gone.
That's it. So I decided to come home and eat Pop Tarts and blog. (I think I mentioned I'm an emotional eater.)
Clayton has assured me he will be having a wonderful time. He's rehearsed our rules back to me many times. We said a prayer last night and this morning blessing him with protection. He's said to me, "Mom, you're going to be fine."
I'm sure he must be right, he always is.
I can't wait until he arrives back home and shares all the details of his adventure away from home. Now, there's something to smile about.