Friday, May 22, 2009

retention; a possible four letter word

Sitting in a room with a large paper towel over your body always leads to interesting fun. This morning I was blessed with this grand experience.

Another trip to the docs and another 10 lbs. gained.

The visit went well and has left me feeling optimistic. It seems retention is something of which I am capable. I love doing research, I love to read and I love to study. The silly thing about this is I cannot keep anything in my head. It just rolls right back out. This morning I passed my first retention test. I was certain I had kept all the intake on board but without the test I could not prove my worthiness. Doc took one look at my ankles and feet and assured me I am retaining. Hooray, I got some skills baby! In fact he loved my ability so much he suggested those silly words... bed rest... and in the same breath laughed and said we both know that's not possible. A few other suggestions he gave included locking the kids outside and staying inside with the AC running, spending some alone time with my husband (lucky Kjel) in hopes of the kid deciding to move out, and if the contractions start coming I should get up and run around. I go back for more insight in two weeks unless my retention continues to improve then he would like to see me sooner. I could be up for a scholarship.

It seems the weather and my dear children are two possible causes for my new ability. The humidity (which isn't that bad, yet) and heat help to increase the swelling. The boys, well we all know what problems they can create. I was glad to hear that it was two things that I have complete control over. Me and my super powers will be taking care of the weather and the unruly children. Abracadabra---

I'm going to listen to my mommy and put my feet up unless I start to have a contraction then I'm going to listen to the doc and run around really fast. Now, there's a visual!