Sunday, May 31, 2009

sunday smiles

This week I've smiled many times. It's interesting because while the rest of my body hurts as I move muscles, smiling never hurts. Laughing hurts, smiling just feels good.

I smiled this week when Isaak was insistent upon painting my toenails. He knew I'd been wanting them painted for weeks. One day I was resting in bed and he came up to me and said mom, I'm going to paint your toenails. It was wonderful to have him give me such happy attention. I thought of my sweet nieces as it's in the past been their job to give me some color. Miss you girls, love you girls!

I smiled later in the week when instead of me spending the evening on the couch or in my bed I decided to teach Nic how to play Skip Bo. I am a huge Skip Bo fan and love playing the game. It didn't take long to get him hooked and I'm pretty sure we'll be playing a lot more in the future. We then ended up playing a game of Rumikub and I kicked some butt.


I smiled when Kjel and I decided it was time to set up the crib. It still seems surreal that I'll be bringing home a baby soon. I smiled again when Kjel said,"so in all this stuff what did we buy?" My reply, "only the crib sheet." Everything else was given to us. I feel so blessed.
I smiled again when I asked Nic to take a picture of the crib and he brought me back these photos.


I smiled this week when Kjel took Thursday and Friday off of work. Thursday he checked his e-mail several times but Friday he stayed far away from it and spent time just being home.

I've been praying for an answer and Anthony is very excited to find out the results.
I smiled this week when Anthony asked me if Heavenly Father had gotten back to me yet.

I smiled when Kjel and I played rock, paper, scissors to see who would name the baby. He won, so if he gets his way it's Torbjorn. We'll see how that goes.

I laughed my head off and nearly delivered my child when we watched two Frasier reruns on TV Thursday night. That show cracks me up.


I smiled when I went grocery shopping. I've been trying really hard to be one of those cute wives who buys, makes food, does laundry, picks up. Well this week I did some grocery shopping so I'm pretty sure I'm the hottest woman ever.

I smiled when I played four square with the boys. It's hilarious to watch me watch a ball bounce and then send someone to chase it down because I missed it.

I smiled big when Isaak brought me another catch.


We finally convinced him to let it go and he chose this location.

I had to smile when he kept going back to the pile of sticks and telling me he was NOT looking for the toad.