Sunday, June 21, 2009

sunday smiles

First off Happy Father's Day. I smiled when I typed this because I'm pretty sure there are no father's reading my blog. I must, however, be completely politically correct and wish dad's a happy day.

For Family Home Evening Monday night Anthony was in charge of the lesson. It was one he had prepared at a primary activity (thanks primary presidency). I smiled as he taught and then nearly laughed my head off as Isaak read a scripture to us. Okay, he didn't really read it of course but Kjel whispered it in his ear and he repeated what Kjel said.
The scripture comes from Doctrine and Covenants 88:119; Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
AS Isaak repeated this scripture he stumbled on the word order and it ended up being a house of odor! I was so happy to come to the realization that we're right on track with the house of odor. We had spent that night being blessed by little guy gas throughout the evening. At least we're doing something right.

For our activity that evening we built temples out of sugar cubes. The kids filled their tummies with sugar bliss and built some rather interesting representations of temples.

Clayton started out building a temple and then change the theme midway and decided to go with a Mayan civilization complete with Ziggurats. It proved to be worthwhile as he lined up the ancient temples and then built dwellings around for the people. I'm such a proud mommy.


Nicholas was first to complete his temple. He decided it was necessary to add a cross in the temple grounds. I guess since we didn't have flowers and grass it seemed a little empty and needed something additional?

That reminds me. A few weeks ago we had the missionaries over for dinner. After eating they asked each of the kids what their favorite scripture story was. Of course each of my children love the ones that are bloody and battle filled. Isaak, sweet, Isaak, however, stood tall and pleased as he said his favorite was when they killed Jesus. That will change the spirit in a room! I'm going to have to spend some time working on scripture stories with him so he can branch out and have some other resources when asked what his favorite is.

Back to the temples.

Isaak was blessed to have the master builder assisting him. I say blessed but really I think this would be more of a nuisance. Master builder kept talking about the need for permits and approvals. He was insistent upon straight walls and perfecting the layout. Isaak didn't seem to mind as long as he could snatch the sugar cubes without being caught.


Anthony was very particular as he built his. In fact, after we'd spent a significant amount of time building and it was long past bed time we decided to set Anthony's aside until morning. I'm still not sure what the finished product looks like.


I smiled when I got this card on Tuesday. It's the perfect card for my husband.

An ultimate sunday smile arrived Friday afternoon; Matthias Torbjorn

Throughout the events of the moment I found myself with little smiles. I smiled when Kjel arrived at the hospital Saturday morning. I was exhausted, handed him Matthias and promptly fell asleep. Hooray for my knight in shining armor, or cougar shirt and sneakers.

I smiled Friday evening when dinner was served at the hospital and my husband had gone to a little extra effort and included with my meal was an Oreo shake. How sweet! Yes I will still be eating Ice cream! It runs in my veins and has brought smiles to many generations in my family!

I smiled Saturday when I looked down at my jelly tummy and could see my toes. Isaak's nail treatment is holding up fine and even though I haven't tried to touch my toes (bums a little sore) I can now see them and the view makes me smile.