I'm doing well! Really it's true. The last few days I've gotten the sleep I need and I've stopped exercising so my body is recovering well and I'm staying mostly sane. I say mostly because there are still moments that could be questionable but Kjel can attest to the fact that even as my most perfect self there are moments of wonder.
The kids are doing well.
Clayton is still stressing out about tornadoes. He is quite concerned with the weather and keeps us updated as to what the day will be like. In August we'll register him for Middle School. Last night I laid next to him as he feel asleep. Sadly, my mind was focused on other things but this morning I can't help but think about how much he's grown. Clayton is still reading everything he can get his hands one. Currently he's working on a series by Robert Jordan called The Wheel of Time.
Anthony is sweeter than ever with Matthias. He is tender and just cute with the little guy. I do hope they'll be friends as they grow up. He's loving swim lessons and really does not want them to end. I'm hoping to get him started in violin lessons soon. Anthony currently has his own room and seems to really enjoy the peace of being alone. Kjel is much that way and I can see how it really helps them to have times of silence.
Nic is just fun! He's dramatic about everything. I can see myself in him. I've toned my dramatics down a little bit since I've grown but as I child the world was a stage. Nic has a way of feeling emotions. He's either happy or sad, nothing between! He likes to sing and make up songs about what's going on around him. He is also loving swim lessons. I can't believe he'll be starting 2nd grade this year.
Isaak is killing us. He turns on his charm and that's what is keeping us focused but he is really struggling. So many changes in his life. He's no longer the youngest, he starts school in a few months and right now everyone is home. A lot has changed for him. He's trying really hard to get my attention. Isaak has taken a liking to the Green Bay Packers. I think he's got the right build to play some serious football. He does love to play catch and has a really far throw, although his accuracy needs work.
Matthias is growing. He is now 11 pounds. He is not yet smiling when we talk to him but he still will share a spontaneous smile now and then. He's sleeping really well at night and we're working on during the day naps. I enjoy the times when it's just me and him. No one to poke at him or ask me to do something. It's nice to hold him and remember all my kids at this stage of life.
It's great to see my kids grow. Having the oldest three in swim lessons has been fun. Taking life slow and trying to just sit back and enjoy the moments is teaching me to be more calm.