Sunday, August 09, 2009

sunday smiles

Sunday night I was feeling a little yucky so to fix it I pulled out this shirt and snuggled Matthias into it.

It says My Mom Rocks me to sleep. Big Smiles as I worked through the yucks and thought about how lucky I am to have a kid that thinks I rock.

Wednesday morning Matthias SMILED at me. Hooray, he smiles at me!

Thursday afternoon swim lessons ended and while it left 3 kids sad it left 2 kids and 1 mom VERY happy!




Thursday afternoon another smile showed up at my doorstep. My VT companion was looking to dump her supersaucer. I of course was very willing to take it off her hands. She showed up completely unexpected and donated another piece of baby furniture to our home. The little guys stuff is starting to take over but we LOVE it.

Monday evening we had Family Home Evening. Clayton and Anthony taught a lesson on keeping the sabbath day holy. They used a primary sharing time they'd been taught with a hot dog and things that belong on a hot dog and things that are yummy but don't necessarily taste good on a hot dog (chocolate sauce, sprinkles, gummi bears). Check out our hot dog...

Isaak was all game for eating the hot dog. Kjel kept telling him no. I said yes to which he quickly relented interest and said, um no thanks.

Friday morning I was holding Matthias while he slept and noticed some drool. It made me smile to think he's just like his mom and drools while he's sleeping.

Wednesday I was out and about and the van overheated. Not smiling. I tried several times to reach Kjel (knight in shining armor) NO LUCK!! I finally got my mom and she gave me some suggestions and I was able to travel home safely. When I arrived at home I asked Kjel why he had not answered the phone. (The reason he wants to keep the phones is because the van is old and he worries about me and wants me to be able to contact him!) He said I think It's upstairs on my dresser. BIG smiles for me!! Ha ha, I'm not the only one that isn't responsible 100% of the time.

Friday morning Isaak gave me a hug and with great surprise noticed he can almost reach around me!

Friday afternoon I talked silly to Matthias and HE SMILED at me again!


This week my awesome brother joined Facebook. It was something I never thought would happen. He's just not like that. I even wondered if it was some kind of spoof or trap because Wyatt just isn't that kind of guy!! I smiled when I realized that it is my bro. I guess the biggest smile on my face was because I felt like if Wyatt thinks there is a little bit of time to waste on FB then it's okay that I waste a little bit of time on FB.

Friday brought rain and that always brings smiles. But the real smiles were when I went outside and saw this...



Smiles when I found out that Southwest airlines will now be flying into and out of Milwaukee. SO CLOSE and CHEAPER!

Saturday a trip to the library brought smiles for myself and the kids. As we checked out books the buzzer went off warning the librarians that someone was sneaking out with a book not checked out. A quick turn and who is it?
Clayton who was already reading one of the books he had found. All others he had placed on the counter to be checked out but the one in his hand he had already lost himself in.