Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 times and a little rhyme

It was a lovely evening. Kjel and I worked on our taxes. We were abruptly interrupted by the sounding of Anthony purging his entire stomach contents. My carpet will never be the same. After helping him to get comfortable (and Kjel spending an hour looking for where we could claim a credit) we adults decided we should call it a night. I was snuggled in my warm bed only to discover that sleep was not on the agenda.

That's right I got out of bed 9 times last night. I do believe this is a new record. I don't think I've ever pulled my sorry tired bum from warm covers that many times in one night. The break down is Anthony 7 times due to stomach output and Matthias twice as he was certain his stomach needed input. I also had a little Isaak visitor join me in bed for a good hour because he was scared and having nightmares.

So what did I do while I was up? My mind went into action and created this rhyme

One, two
Mom... I don't feel good.

Three, four
I puked on the floor.

Five, six
I think I am sick.

Seven, eight
I don't feel so great.

Nine, ten
Begin again.

Last night I was certain this rhyme could be published. This morning I realize it's lacking in several areas. Oh well. At least I find myself interesting and amazing in the early hours of morning.

Today I'll be doing my best to shut my mind off and get some rest. Fortunately, Matthias will nap, three boys went to school and Anthony will let me rest. Poor kid is SO miserable!

Guess what.... I'd do it again in a heartbeat.... I just hope it's not for several months/years.