Forget it. January. is. evil. January is my hardest month of the year and I have to consistently pull my sorry butt out of bed and force myself to breath. nuff said
SUNDAY SMILES with a big happy grin!
I smiled this week when Isaak came up stairs complaining about the unfair distribution of rolls at dinner. His words, "Clayton conceptioned 9 rolls and I only got 3." His argument only left me laughing. It was a failed attempt at using the word consumed.
I smiled when I was present at two baptisms.
I smiled when on January 1st I exercised and ate right and read my scriptures and said my prayers.
I laughed on Saturday when I had to run out the door early that morning and exercise got dumped off the list. Then after enjoying a cinnamon roll at a baptism the eating right got tossed. But let's focus on the positive.... read the scriptures and prayed.
I smiled when I saw pictures of my cousins beautiful new baby. Cecilia brought me SO many smiles. It was one of those fun January days. Every time I'd feel a little blah I'd pull her picture up and smile. She is a beautiful miracle.
I smiled Anthony was ticked because he had finished reading the third book in the Inheritance series. His words were, "and now I have nothing to read until he gets that fourth book done."
I smiled when Clayton kept asking for permission to go outside. Of course you can play outside... have freezing fun!
I smiled when Kjel did the laundry. He was sick of looking at it. That worked out well for me.
I smiled when I took the kids sledding. It was a lame trip due to not enough snow. It made for great pictures. My favorite is this one...
It's not that I like the kids in pain, it's just a cool picture of blood. Oh yeah, I'm gross like that.
I smiled every time I played games with the kids. I love games and I love my kids so it makes perfect sense that games with my kids would be the best way to spend my time.
I smiled when Isaak and I learned how to play the G & D7 chords on his guitar. Oh yeah, we rock. I smiled again when I spent 30 minutes teaching myself Clayton's assigned piano songs this week. I really like the idea of having a talent. I was thinking this year I might find a talent.
I smiled when Isaak's primary teacher told me that one Sunday after he returned from using the restroom he opened the classroom door and then did a forward roll, jumped up and walked to his seat. There's announcing your arrival.
I smiled when Saturday morning the clouds were low and dark and then topped with white clouds. The kids and I were certain that WI had grown mountains and I was ready to get climbing. I will visit Utah this year and I will have enough strength to hike. I can't miss out on my opportunity to sit in the silence of the mountains.
I smiled when I spent some time with a really cool person Saturday night!
I smiled when I woke up this morning and realized that I don't have to be to church until 11:00. I could go back to bed if my bed wasn't covered in children!