Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Smiles 1/31

I smiled when I was folding laundry and happened upon two socks that are very different sizes.


Oreo cookies always bring me smiles.


Matthias crunching numbers brought me an instant smile. We've got another smarty on our hands.


Friday night I got desperate for sugar. Kjel left for 20 minutes and when he got back the kids and I were eating cookie dough. 5 minutes later we were eating warm cookies and chugging milk. Yes, I chug milk. I live in a house of boys I want to make sure they are raised correctly!

I smiled when I caught this guy following my example


Saturday morning waking up and finding out my period started. BIG. SMILES. Know I now when I can get pregnant so I can prevent it. tmi?

This picture drawn for me by one of my primary kids brings me smiles every time I see it.


Anthony came home with some braided friendship bracelets this week. I smiled when I taught him how to make the knotted ones and bored him with my reminiscing about the time I spent with embroidery floss safety pinned to the knee of my pants so I could work on friendship bracelets.


Kjel and I spending some time together brought smiles. It's so quite when the kids aren't around.

Saturday night falling asleep with a clean house I could only smile.

A late night sound of happy baby initially furrowed my brow. i was so tired. Upon further investigation I could only smile when I saw him in his crib eating one of his toys and loving life.

I smiled when Clayton got super excited to do school work. If I hadn't carried the child for 9 months I'd be certain he was not related to me.

I smiled when Isaak spent time reading to me. He can read to me. How do kids learn how to do that?

Friday was freezing cold. The high that day was 18 and the low was 0. The tricky thing here is on the coldest days the sun shines and tempts you. I could no longer resist not feeling the sun on my body so I bundled the kids up covering every inch of showing skin and we went outside for a walk/bike ride. We spent almost an hour in the sun. When I arrived back home my spirits had lifted and I could only smile. I will continue to support the coming forth of Spring!

A good haircut always brings me smiles.