Monday, May 10, 2010

head chic in charge

Yesterday, I ended up running RS on my own. It was laughable. I really should have gone with Kjel's suggestion and canceled the meeting. I'm sure the ladies would have greatly appreciated the hour off.

Pres was with her new grandbaby. And 1st counselor was with her hubby's mom. We currently don't have a secretary so that left me as the ringleader. This maybe wouldn't have been quite such a big deal except we were also missing the teacher. She was given a calling last week. I was going to get a sub when I realized that I'd be asking some sweet lady to teach on Mom's day and I was only giving them 6 days notice. I took a turn in a different direction.
The plan was to break the class into four groups and divide the lesson out. I figured I would facilitate the discussion. This would have been perfect had it not been for the fact that just prior to RS starting I found out that during that same hour Clayton would be set apart as the 2nd counselor in the deacon's quorum. Oh to be in two places at once.

My hands were tied. I started the lesson and when the time came for me to leave I looked at the ladies and begged for one of them to come forward and continue with the discussion. Thankfully, Sis. Eastman jumped on the opportunity. By the time I got back the class was nearly over.

This was a humbling experience for me. I'm glad that the Lord knows when we need a little softening.

I hope while he softened me the ladies still got an opportunity to feel the spirit.