Monday, May 03, 2010

Spiritual food storage

Yesterday the RS lesson was about making sure we were spiritually self reliant. It was wonderful. I really enjoyed the discussion.
This morning as I was in bed working up the mental strength to pull my butt out I was thinking about the topic again.
The parable of the ten virgins came to mind. I was thinking about the women who were prepared and the women who found themselves not prepared. I really believe that the women with the oil wanted to share what they had. My guess is that they would have willingly given of anything they had. The difficulty in this one is that we cannot share our spiritual food storage. Sure we can talk about it and let people come and see it. We can even share little tastes but when it comes down to it we can't give each other what we have stored in our soul.
Being spiritually self reliant requires individual effort.