Sunday, June 06, 2010

sunday smiles 6/6

I'm smiling right now because this morning I found out I'm not pregnant! HOORAY. Not that I was worried I might be but you never know. The great news is that my littlest sister is pregnant. And I smiled when I found her this...... FOR FREE!! (I did send her a picture of it to see if she really wanted it. She said she did want it. I hope she wasn't just being nice to me. But if she gets it and hates it she can donate it to Goodwill for someone else). CONGRATULATIONS TO KATRINA AND JON!!

Summer time means scraped knees. I smile every time I see bumps and bruises because they come from my kids outside living life. I have several kids sporting some good cuts. Here is one of Anthony's.

Our friends in the ward invited us to their place for roasting some mallows. Who can resist a campfire? Not me! We had a great evening. Smiles for friends.

Saturday our ward had a rummage event where everything was free. It was a great event that brought me smiles because I got several pair of jeans for my boys and some t-shirts. I also smiled because people's lives were blessed. I also got to pet a 11 week old rooster that someone had brought to the event to give away. That's a smile.

Anthony graduated from elementary school. For all you Utah readers he finished 5th grade and is headed to 6th grade in middle school. It was a fun evening. He did a great job. I tried to post the video of him receiving his certificate and then doing a big old jump of joy but blogger is not playing nice tonight so I'll have to try to post it later.

I smiled when I sat down to eat breakfast and a bunny was waiting for me. I got up to get a closer look and even though I spooked her a little she didn't completely run away. I got to tell her she was beautiful and smiled when she hopped off.

I actually cried when this picture was being taken. Saying goodbye to friends really is dumb. But I have to smile because Nic and Isaak have had two great buddies just down the street. We will miss them.

I smiled on Wednesday night when I got kind of sort of lost but not really, more like took the long way to the Relief Society activity. We had a campfire and some good woman chatting going on. I love sisters.

Kjel's car needed some work so it was at the shop which meant I needed to drop him off at the vanpool pick up spot. We woke Clayton up to keep an eye on Matthias. When I got home I smiled because this is what I found.

I got to go on the 6th grade field trip to the zoo. I was smiling because I got to spend time with Clayton. I also took Matthias with me. His first zoo trip.

Isaak brought home this very hungry caterpillar from school. I smiled because he was so pleased with his creation.

We have this board that I write messages/thoughts on. Last week I wrote the message. Mom ROCKS! This week I was thinking I'd send out good vibes for dad and wrote the message Dad RULES. The next morning there was additional commentary.
After a few hours passed someone else jumped in on the fun and added after rules... A LOT. Kjel couldn't keep his hands off the board and finished it up with "Of fun!!" I think that's worthy of smiling.

The morning of Clayton's field trip I was running around late right on time as usual and put my yummy breakfast on top of the van while I loaded Matthias in his car seat. As I set breakfast up there I made special effort to tell myself to remember to get it off the roof. I buckled Matthias in and then hopped in the van and drove down the street. A few seconds into the trip I realized what I was going to remind myself. I pulled the van over, put it in park and smiled when I found my breakfast patiently waiting to be consumed, completely untouched by the trip.

YUM!! That's a spinach and strawberry smoothie!

I smiled when I found a tooth in the little guy mouth. Kjel and I tied him down and tried our best to get a picture to show it off. Here's what we got...

I smiled when Kjel mowed the lawn.
I like fresh cut lawn smell and working getting done smell.