But that's not the reason for this post. I just needed to get that off my shoulders.
The reason I've got something to bore you with is because I made a mistake at the beginning of summer. I will forever regret this one.
Let's take you back to a special day early in the summer. It was late afternoon when the postal person (that's me being politically correct) dropped off a handful of Lego magazines. Oh the joy that flooded my home. Hours were spent scanning each page and burning its contents forever in our minds. And then the unthinkable happened.
What is that? a contest??
Isaak: "Mom, can I make a Lego creation and enter this contest?"
Mom: "Sure, have fun."Isaak: "If I win I get $100."
**Time passes**
Isaak: "Will you take a picture and send it to Lego."
Mom: "Yes."
Isaak: "Have you sent the picture yet?"
**Notice no time has passed** Mom: "No, I have to get the picture developed."
Isaak: "Just email them the picture."
Mom: "That's a great idea but they want an actual copy of the picture."**Days pass and I finally send the picture in the mail.**
Isaak: "How much does a dog cost?"
Mom: "It depends on what kind of dog."
Isaak: "When Lego sends me my money I want to buy a dog."
Mom: "Lego isn't sending you any money."Isaak: "But I entered the contest and I'm going to win."
Mom: "We don't know who the winner is yet but if it is you they will send you a gift card to buy Lego's."
Isaak: "I will then take the gift card to the store and trade them for money."
Mom: "It doesn't work that way."**Days Pass**
Isaak: "How much does a boat cost?"
Mom: "I don't know."Isaak: "When I get my money from Lego I think I will buy a boat."
Mom: (no comment)Isaak: "How much does a (fill in the blank) cost?"
Mom: "I don't know."Isaak: "I can't wait until they send me my money."
Mom: "Remember they will send the winner a gift card to buy Lego's, not money."Isaak: "Nic and I are going to split it so I'll have $50. How much does a computer cost?"
Mom: "Don't know."**Next minute**
Isaak: "How much does (fill in the blank) cost?"
Mom: "Again, don't know."Isaak: "You should look it up."
Mom: "I don't really care how much it costs."Isaak: "When Lego sends me my money I'm going to buy one."
**Next minute**
Isaak: "How much does......
and it goes on and on and on and on. Seriously, I'm dying here people. My children will no longer be allowed to enter contests. I just can't take that risk.