Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Smiles 8/22

Shhh... I must be very quite. I sneaked away from the kids as they were enjoying a Sunday treat. If I get caught I'll never be able to finish this. Be very quiet.

I've noticed over the summer that most of my smiles involve my kids.

I smiled when I was able to click this picture of Matthias and his two bottom teeth. I love little teeth.

 Clayton helped with orientation for the incoming 6th graders. When I went to pick him up I smiled because he had these in his hands.
 He was given two breaks during the day. He chose to spend those breaks at the library helping them and was given the special privilege of checking a few books out before school starts. His smile is a smile for me.

Kjel on a bike ride with his boys brought a big smile.

My Dad gave me this book A LONG time ago. I started way back then and never created the time to finish the book. This week I focused in and completed the task. Thanks Dad for an incredible book. I am looking forward to reading the other two books by this group and putting my learning into action. 


 Monday night Clayton needed to complete a final requirement for his swimming merit badge. We took the whole family to the Y. I smiled when Nic and Isaak serenaded us on the way there.


I smiled when we got there and I watched Kjel playing with the boys. I've decided that the next time I marry Kjel he and I will wait to have kids until he's done with school and can spend time with us. We really missed him those years he had to dedicate to school for us. (okay, i totally get that i won't be remarrying him, i'm just silly that way. i even mentioned it to Kjel and he gave me that look of, you be a crazy woman.)

While sitting at the orthodontist waiting for Clayton to be done. I did this...
 I actually figured one of these out. We were either there for a very long time OR I'm a genius. Oh yeah baby I'm smiling.

I was about to lose it on Wednesday so I packed the kids up and we went to the beach. I was sure that by taking them it would exhaust them and they'd no longer have the energy to complain about having nothing to do.
 I smiled when Nic rolled around in the sand then stood up and told me he was a sand man. 

This little guy literally taking his environment in is a smile.
A smile for me and HIM.

I cut bangs. It's a smile because I like it and I did it by myself. All you cosmetologists out there don't look to close. I'm sure I messed up somehow but I figure if I keep my head in constant motion no one will notice.

Monday night we made a quick stop at the park to shoot off Isaak's rocket. He's been begging to send it into the sky. He was such a cutie.
After it was sent up in the sky we watched it come down, down, down right into the pond at the bottom of the hill. sad, sad, sad.  Isaak got to smile when a nice man who was watching the event take place fished the rocket out of the water.

Isaak decided he wanted to thank this stranger.  He made brownies. I smiled as I watched him. (don't get all stressed out, i also helped with the cooking) I smiled as I partook of the deliciousness.

Lego's that I have not stepped on are always a smile.

Matthias indulged in his first ice cream cone. He takes this work seriously. That makes me a proud, smiling mama.

Thursday evening I smiled while I was at the temple and while I was preparing to attend.
I brought my grandmother's temple dress downstairs to pack in my temple bag. Before packing it I lifted the fibers to my nose and inhaled the sweet scent of grandma. I could not believe how instantly I recognized her scent. I wanted to see if any of the kids would remember. I gentle placed the dress under Anthony's nose. That sweet boy instantly knew the smell. Love you Grandma Nina. Smiles because we will be with you again.