Smiles today, because we have NO SCHOOL tomorrow. Snow Day! Snow Day! Snow Day!
Personally, I love school. I love learning. Personally, I also love days snuggled up with my kids and when the powers that be hand me one I'm going to snatch it up and play hard.
This just in.... Kjel's work campus is closed tomorrow. The whole family is HOME tomorrow!
Speaking of snow last Friday we had the day off so I took the kids sledding. I feel like an unfit mother if I don't scoop their bums up at least once in the Winter months and take them down some sledding hill. The kids had a great time. I froze and hated it but that's because my snow gear doesn't fit me so I wasn't outfitted properly for Wisconsin weather and snow.
Matthias had a most wonderful time. He even threw a tantrum when I removed him from the hill. I smiled while he screamed because inside I was pleased to know that I'm raising another kid that loves the good outdoors.
I smiled as I saw him making footprints in the snow.
Here I am, in the snow, with a smile. Don't look too close or you might realize it's a good fake.
We have a pretty severe case of Crayola disease at my house. Smiles for trying different mediums for art.
Wisconsin has been prepping for a storm. It seems everyone decided to do some shopping on Monday. I smiled as I made friends out of strangers at the grocery store. There was a significant line up as we waited our turn to check out.
Multi-tasking is a skill I actually had hoped I wouldn't pass on to my kids. Smiles for this one though because he's taking care of two conversations at once.
Thursday morning is when Anthony has basketball intramurals and I get to drop him off at school around 6:45AM. This last Thursday when I stepped outside the sky had something wonderful in it.... light. Smiles for the sun spending a little more time each day lighting my part of town.
Smiles for the bird nest in my front yard tree that is still there even with all this crazy wind and snow.
Smiles for my ridiculously kind neighbor that offered to clear my driveway this morning.
He does that WAY too often. Not complaining, just saying he's too nice.
Smiles for all the socks folded, not put away, but matched and folded.
Smiles for time.



