I smiled as I watched Isaak skip from the van into the school building. Hooray for pure joy that children recognize and express.
Matthias loves bananas. I smile when he eats them because he looks like a monkey.
This pic of my Grandpa was sent to me this week. It's from a "few" years ago. Seeing Grandpa is a smile.
This week I've been painting. It's been a process. Prior to starting I thought it was something I loved doing. I've come to the realization that I don't. I just loved it last time because it meant Adi and I were hanging out together. Actually, last time it was my dad and I painting so we could sell the house and move here. So, it's not that I like painting. It's that I like spending time with people. I'm going to keep that in mind next time I decide I want to paint and just throw a party instead.
Smiles came this week though as Matthias learned to scale the ladder. It actually brought me A LOT of frustration that he could climb the ladder but I'm happy that he's going to be ready for the park and playground this Spring.
I smiled when I got close to joining the lines together.
I smiled again when the paint lines met. Somehow in my mind I was certain that meant I was nearing completion. Actually, I still had a few days ahead of me.
Who doesn't want in on the action of painting? That is what kid doesn't want in on painting? Smiles for this guy standing on a ladder and taking a few swipes at the ceiling.
Happy Birthday to Anthony is definitely a smile. I'm so pleased with this kid. He's such a brightness in our life. Whenever I think of my kids I think of how spoiled I am. He turned 12 yesterday and decided that Cheesecake was the way to go this year. Smiles for kids picking real cakes that taste delicious! This should also be a frown because it is now impossible to walk away from their birthday treat but I'll smile because, did I mention DELICIOUS?
Isaak lost his TWO front teeth on the same day. I only wish it was prior to Christmas. Ever since I sang that silly song in elementary school I've ached to loose my two front teeth at the same time. I was not fortunate to have that experience. Smiles for being able to live vicariously through my kiddo.
Nic being Nic is always a smile. For the Blue and Gold Banquet he made this campfire cake (we stole the idea off Family Fun). By all means he did have some help in this creation but it was fun to work with him. Smiles because I stayed away from all the cake and the ice cream that night. miracles do happen.
Speaking of ice cream. Clayton took me to Cold Stone last night. He bought me some ice cream and chatted it up with me. It was fun to be with him. Smiles for time with my son.
And because I've mentioned before this is a place of honesty. Smiles for medication. Last week included several too many rough days. I decided the decision was no longer personal because it no longer was just affecting me. It was leaving trash all over the house and messing with my most important relationships. It's good that there are solutions as simple as swallowing.










