Sunday, July 03, 2011

sunday smiles

There is an abundance of smiles this week. My first smile came so completely unexpected. I can honestly tell you I had no idea it was on its way. I was running errands with Clayton Monday morning and got a text message from my cousin. She let me know that the tickets were purchased and they'd be in Chicago at the end of the month. WHAT? I still can't think about that moment without smiling my big ear to ear grin. I stopped everything I was doing and announced to Clayton and those standing near me, at the store, that my cousin was coming to town! I can't believe I get to see her and her entire family. I'm SPOILED!
This is the picture I sent my cousin.

I smiled when a letter from my Grandpa arrived. Each month he sends us a letter. I usually save it unopened for a few days and just look at it on the counter and smile. I then find the perfect moment to savor and sit and read his letter.

My mom sent us a The Readers Digest Childrens Songbook. We spent much of our childhood listening to my mom play songs for us out of this book. I smiled when it arrived on my doorstep and Clayton instantly sat down to play for us.

I was running errands when Kjel sent me this picture on my phone. He's such a sweetie you have to smile.

Clayton and Anthony went with the Young Men and Women in our ward to Nauvoo. They spent three days having testimony growing experiences. I missed them and smiled big the moment I saw them. I actually arrived early to pick them up. I never get anywhere early! Smiles for being early.

While the older two boys were away Kjel and I took the 3 younger ones to Wisconsin Dells. The boys had a great time and we even got them on a rollercoaster or two or THREE! It was a super fun trip and I'm thinking it should be a regular activity for our family. I'm always smiling when I'm with my family having fun.



Remember back a few weeks-- Father's Day and Homemade Ice Cream? Well, I have not yet returned the ice cream maker I borrowed and my family got another itch for the fresh stuff so Friday night I got busy. I smiled while the boys and I enjoyed delicious ice cream. I have compartmentalized the amount of nasty sugar and fat I consumed. I'm going to make certain the ice cream maker is returned to its rightful owner and after I finish the dish I'm working on I will force fead the rest of the stuff at the family so I can get back on my good for you food plan.

I smiled before my run because I knew I was going to get some much needed time alone. I smiled during my run because I was running and while it's not easy it's getting more natural and I can tell I'm getting stronger. I smiled when I could see my house and knew my run was coming to an end.

Smiles for being able to do full on GUY pushups!

Smiles for moments spent watching Isaak make banana bread. Smiles for hanging out on Anthony's bed (even though he wasn't there) late Wednesday night and finishing my book. Smiles for finishing a very interesting book. Smiles for 5 boys with fresh haircuts. Smiles for working out in the yard today. It was ridiculously humid and definitely warm but we stuck it out and our yard is looking fantastic.

Speaking of our yard, while we were in Riverton, UT we did some planting and actually got plants from my Grandpa's yard to transplant in our yard. I was rather sad when we moved and I couldn't take the plants with me! For Christmas, this year, my Grandpa gave our family a VISA gift card to spend as we wish. I've held on to that card since December. I finally found the perfect gift. We put the money toward some plants for our yard. Smiles because I can now look at my yard and it will remind me of Grandpa.

I smiled as we left the house this morning. My flowers are starting to bloom.


I smiled when Kjel introduced the boys to Mr. Bean. Friday night was a Bean-a-thon. I couldn't help but join in their giggles.

I chopped Matthias' hair. I smiled when he was already for church and looking handsome.

Saw these flowers at the grocery store and couldn't help but smile.

If you've spent any time reading my blog you recognize that I have terribly poor grammar and punctuation skills. I smiled when I saw this sign at Wisconsin Dells. I smiled because it reminded me of many a wrong word I've used.

One of our boys cannot sit in silence. It seems to be completely impossible for him to not make noise. On the way to church this morning I had requested some silence and then when did not get it, due to this sweet child that cannot be silent, I lightly sang, Silence is Golden. Anthony jumped in with, Duct Tape is silver. SMILE. That boy is hilarious!