Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Happy

We're just starting to come down off the sugar! For those of you celebrating Halloween today, the people in my family envy you. Since moving to Kenosha, Halloween has been flipped upside down. Here they celebrate Halloween every year on Sunday. It's their thing. We just let them play the game. Our celebrations happen at the ward Trunk-or-treat. The party was Friday night and we had a great time.
We started out the festivities with a trip, earlier in the month, to the pumpkin patch.  Here is Matthias' pumpkin.

The three boys that went with me.

This is Anthony's costume. It's a piggy-back ride. It was super simple and cost us NOTHING.

Here is my cowboy with a friend from church. I've always wanted a pair of boots for my little boys and have never bought them. This year I decided I was buying boots and my excuse was because Matthias was going to be a cowboy for Halloween.

My cowboy came complete with a horse. Clayton is a real sweet brother. As soon as he found out Matthias was going to be a cowboy, he insisted on being his horse.

Isaak went as the Beast! He had a great time. He didn't like having to take a break for me to take a picture of him. That's why he looks so upset. In this picture Kjel is also in costume. He's standing behind Isaak.  We had a hard time deciding what Kjel should be this year. It was either going to be Squidward or his costume of choice, The Invisible Man. As you can see he's not Squidward. Kjel "went" to the ward party as the invisible man. He also caught a BYU game that night while he was enjoying some peace and quiet on his couch at home. ;)


Nic went as a toilet. He helped design and make this costume. I was dead set against this costume when he proposed his idea. I tried to talk him out of it because I honestly didn't know where to begin or how to make it happen. All I could think of was the amount of work it would take and that I just wasn't up for the task. Nic proved me wrong. He came up with ideas and suggestions and in the end the cost was minimal and the time we spent together creating it was priceless. His costume won at the trunk-or-treat. You should have seen the pride in his face.

This was my smile from the evening. A sweet lady in our ward helped me make some treats for the cake walk. Before the night even began I snatched one of her home made yummies and hid it with my stuff. I'm glad I did because her treats went first and I would have missed out.

This evening Isaak and Anthony are going with friends to the haunted corn maze. I may consider driving to another area so Nic can trick-or-treat the real way. We'll see. We've had enough candy but I keep feeling like my little ones are missing out on the fun of ringing doorbells.