Yesterday, I watched Matthias play in the rain. In Utah we would specifically go outside to play in the summer rain. We loved the rain. When we first moved to Kenosha we were told about the possibility of tornado's. I made sure we were prepped to sit in the basement, if necessary, and then moved away from the stress of the possibility. A few of my kids took the warning to heart and our world was turned upside down every time it rained. The fear that entered the walls of our home each time the clouds darkened... it broke my heart. Gone were the days of loving rain. Yesterday, Matthias led the way back to the joy of the pitter-patter of rain drops. I stood and watched him run in and out of the garage and laugh and giggle as the summer rain spotted his clothing. It was absolutely a smile.
Anytime I see my boys outside (note that I wrote outside) playing catching, I smile. I just love to see them together playing. It feels my heart with joy.
We found bunk beds, at a reasonable price -smile!
I cleaned the house and got the laundry caught up on Friday. That evening I smiled as I feel asleep in a clean home.
I smiled as I closed the pages of my Father's family history. I've finished reading what has been written. It's wonderful to know a little about the people who came before me.
Kjel and I went on a walk/waddle Saturday morning. I like spending time with him.
The last few days I've just felt content. I like that feeling. I'm going to hang on to it for as long as possible. The world can swirl around and I'll just sit back and feel content.