Sunday, June 09, 2013

busy week busting with good

Anthony graduated from Middle School. To celebrate he wanted to head to Chicago. I love that we can just pick up and go to Chicago anytime we want. He has been wanting to stand out on the skydeck at the Willis Tower so we celebrated his graduation from high in the sky.


 

Nic also graduated. He's done with Elementary school. He's a great student. He's worked hard. I love that two of my kids moved on this year.

Three of my kids have been studying US History in school this year. One of Nic's assignments was to dress up as Thomas Jefferson. He memorized some facts about Mr. Jefferson and participated in the wax museum. I loved visiting him at school. 

This girl got her hands on a Boys' Life magazine. Tony and his quick wit popped up with this, "Anna's already ruining a boys life." He's a funny one.

His momma dresses him funny. I didn't mean to tuck his shirt into his undies but after it was done I just let him walk away and then spent much of the afternoon smiling and telling him his momma dresses him funny.

  A trip to Chicago is exhausting. 
I love when this one falls asleep with his head tilted back and his mouth wide open.  

Nerd boy struck again. He took the PLAN test. It's like a practice ACT. He kicked some tookus on the test. My fingers are crossed for him that he'll do that well on the actually ACT. If so, the world of colleges is open to him.

 Saturday we went to the Jelly Belly factory. I wanted to pick up some belly flops for our long car ride we've got this week. All the kids came along and decided we needed to ride the train so we could get free candy. This one did not appreciate the hat. She just wanted to eat it.

Boys will be boys and nerd boys are super fun to have around. This weekend he mixed some household chemicals and exploded some water bottles. It made a crazy loud boom sound. We all had fun watching chemistry at work.

Saturday morning Nic got up and did everyone's bathroom job. Not sure what prompted him to be so kind. I loved that he then made this sign so everyone would know they were off the hook.