Wednesday, September 25, 2013

backyard zoo

It is delightful to me that we have so many animals in our yard.  I find great joy watching the squirrels and bunnies. We have a set of ducks that come back every spring. I consider them family. We're always finding toads/frogs. Right now there's a small fox that makes its way through the neighborhood. 
Occasionally a new animal will visit the area. 


Do you see what that is?
I can't believe we got this in our backyard. When we first moved here we were a little sad that we didn't have mountains around us. To help me find a positive spin I told the kids and myself that we did have mountains we just couldn't see them because we were living in them. After all we had all these fun creatures around and trees everywhere. We must have been in the mountains. More proof we're mountain dwellers, where else do you see deer?


Nic found this cute creature and I just had to get a picture.

I loved watching Anna's introduction to our hoppy friend.