Thursday, September 26, 2013

legacy

Another reason I wanted to go to Utah was to see my Grandfathers. Its been too long since I spent some time with them and they both needed to be introduced to Anna. I was lucky growing up in that I spent a lot of time with my relatives. Many of us lived in the same state and that meant a lot of together time with extended family. When my older kids were younger and we lived near to relatives, they had many opportunities interacting with these great people. My little's haven't had much time with family and my my biggle's have been missing out. It was time to take the trek.

This is my Grandpa Darrel. I loved visiting with him. My only regret was that I wish I would have taken time to go down alone to visit with my Grandfathers. I was glad the kids got to see their Great-Grands but it was hard for me to interact and herd kids and well, in some cases I just don't multi-task well. I am glad I have these pictures of my kids with these great men.




Here we are with Grandpa Cecil and Cherie. Grandpa got remarried last year and this was the first time I met his wife. She's a very kind woman. She treated all the kids and me with such care and kindness. I'm glad that my Grandpa is happy and has someone that loves him so dearly.



There was lots of family to visit. I did lunch with my Aunt Treena and Aunt Deena. These two women are fun to spend time with.  Aunt Treena and I email each other. We have a lot in common. She's helped me gain a greater understanding of life. She is very wise but also very real. She helps me stay grounded. I'm glad my Dad has such an awesome sister. Years ago, many years ago Treena and Deena formed a friendship and honestly I can't ever think of time when there was a Treena without a Deena. Love that these two are close and that they shared their friendship with the family.


Here's Aunt Treena with the kiddo's that came to lunch.