There's this place I've been going to since I was in college and without fail every time I show up there or spend time with this dear angel, it's magic. I love my cousin Stacie. I love her and her kids and her husband and her house.
Do you remember when you were a little kid and some events just had this feeling of magic? Like birthday's or Christmas or getting something new from the store or attending an event? Well, I can vividly remember times in my life, as a child, when there were these moments of, how did that happen? I'm not sure how to explain it other than this feeling of excitement and a-ha and magic.
When I spend time with Stacie I feel that constantly. The simplest of tasks become special. I can't get enough time with this woman. I'm so glad we're cousins.
Here's Stacie playing pool with Matthias. She always goes out of her way to make sure kids feel important. I love that about her.
And speaking of magic. On Monday night we went to this amazing chocolate and ice cream shop and tasted their wares and enjoyed the free magic show. The show was absolutely spectacular. Just a fun group of people loving their job and sharing their happiness.
For breakfast Stacie treated us to delicious waffles and buttermilk syrup. Wow! I'd never heard of buttermilk syrup but it's really addicting and delicious. I haven't yet made it since we arrived home because I'm afraid I'll never go back.
I love playing SkipBo so I challenged Sam to a game. I did some serious smack talk because I'm really good at the game. I mean really good at the game. We both took the game seriously, there was no helping each other or backing down. I was destined to win from the get go. Honestly, I felt bad for the kid. He didn't have a chance. I'm mean I'm really good at SkipBo. I found out that there is one person in the world better than me... go SAM!










