Saturday, March 08, 2014

this just in

Just documenting.
Clayton got his ACT results back and fared very well. I've kept a copy and I'm sticking them in his remembrance book. A few days ago he also got an admissions letter from Yale. It was visually crazy to see a letter addressed to my child from Yale. He then pulled out good old Clayton and ran around the house searching for his lost drivers license. Love this kid that makes me crazy.

Last week I met with my midwife. She asked me what I do for stress relief. I couldn't come up with anything. I don't want that to sound like I'm overly stressed. Just average stuff. I just sat there and really could only come up with deep breaths. I've spent the last week trying to figure out what I do to fill my cup. That's what she wants to know when I get back. How do you fill your cup? The first part of the week I felt extremely selfish that I don't have open moments for cup filling. I was angry and humphed around. Then one evening I was snuggling next to one of the little's. I was watching the breath fill his lungs and slowly and peacefully exit. I was skimming my fingers along his freshly buzzed head. My heart was filled with complete joy and I instantly knew my cup was full. Completely filled with joy. This got me thinking... see right now it's not about me. Not that mother's shouldn't take time for themselves. We should but sometimes there are time periods when myself has to be placed aside. Right now the house is filled with needs that need my attention and honestly I want to be the one to give the attention. So, for now, I will fill my cup by snuggling with my littles, and begging my bigs to grocery shop with me. I'll occassionally steal a nap or buy a bagel at Panera for a little added spoil but adding anything more is not needed.

One last thing... I wanted to post this last piece on FB but I also don't want to cause some crazy uproar. I have this questions that I just can't find an answer to.

I'm posting here in hopes that there will not be as much hate spewed in the comments.

How do you separate The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and The Corporation of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? Is there a separation?
The context of this question comes from a few places but one specifically would be "the church/corporation" is again building a great spacious building. They built their high-end mall and they are building some great and spacious in PA and it was just announced that there's a new great and spacious being renovated in UT. I just can't come to an understanding. I've come up with only one postive answer, "they use the funds they make from these financial endeavors to help the poor"

Anyhow, shed some light, not hate.  Thanks all!