Tuesday, July 15, 2008
"Rough" Camp
The house is empty. I'm here but there are no sounds other than the motor of my computer and the occasional howl of the neighbors dog. How can this be, for it is summer vacation and truly the ruckus should be surrounding me? It's a special day. I am going to rough camp. This means that all the boys have been shipped out. It's not just today but all week that I'll be gone. Everything is in place for success to happen at home so I leave no worries and take no concerns. I will miss my guys. I will fall asleep tonight wishing one was next to me. But alas I am going anyway and can't wait to leave in two hours. I was so excited it was hard to sleep last night. I have all kinds of trouble planned for me and the girls to get into. Sorry mom I will be going toilet papering. Don't worry I'll have lots of people with me, so I won't get lost (none of which will be boy scouts, so I definitely won't get lost.) It's not often that adults get to cater to the child inside them. Luckily I have my kids that regularly require that. I've also been blessed with this calling in YW's that has brought so much joy to me I can't even put it in context. And to think I cried when they called me to this position.