Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the FIRST day

Clayton was up early, Nic has tied his shoes and Anthony has his hair combed and the perfect outfit on to impress the girls. The first day is always great because my boys are so eager that the early hour (6:30AM) doesn't even phase them. I was certain Isaak would get a few extra minutes of sleep but with all the excitement he was soon awake. As I was making lunches I heard him, "I have to get ready for a bike ride!" I did my usual embarrassing them by taking pictures. Kjel did his annual night before school starts fathers' blessing. I spent the night waking up because of my giddiness for the boys first day. Kjel rolled out of bed in time to take a shower, assign someone the morning prayer and crawl into the car. Isaak waved goodbye and said let's go on our bike ride. Too bad I was still in my pj's. I love watching them grow. I love seeing them strong and capable. I ache deep down in for them to be my little ones that sit on my lap and want only to be with me. Fortunately Isaak woke me last night to sleep in his bed. One day soon that will end.