Friday, August 29, 2008

what is clean?

I spent the morning using my powers of OCD to make certain the house would be spotless for another walk through. Hurray that people are interested in seeing the house. Each time as I walk away from the house I laugh because it never looks like this. Honestly no home should be this clean and sterile. Everything that makes it home is missing. It's okay because someday soon there will be fingerprints to stay and pictures hung on the fridge and I will no longer be able to use the excuse of "people want to see the house so you can't poop on the toilet seat" or whatever the theme of the minute is. We've made it through our first week of school. Thankfully it was not a full week because then I'd have one more day and honestly I am tired of hearing the alarm and waking to kids that have gradually turned ornery as the week has gone on. I say gradually because the first day they were awake before the alarm, the second Anthony looked at me and said "do I have to go back" the third day Nicholas pulled the covers up over his head and on day four the only one eager for school was Isaak. For those who don't know, Isaak stays home with me all day. We've converged back at home and the little ones have quickly reminded what a "home" looks like. Nic's backpack is on the floor, I just heard some banging around in the basement of items being dumped out, homework is strewn across the table and I just remembered how tired I am. We are looking forward to the weekend. I will be sleeping in. No alarm clocks this weekend. I have to save up my energy so I can drag the kids out of bed on Tuesday!