Monday, September 01, 2008
clothe yourself with the bonds of charity
This is the beginning of a series of posts where I will spend my time bragging about the killer deals I find in other peoples charity. Being a family of four boys means being creative with money. Boys always need food and always need clothing and their wants are of course wonderful to also supply. As our family started to grow we started looking to yard sales and the Deseret Industries to keep our growing boys and ourselves clothed and with some of those fun extras. This allowed us to save money so we could keep them fed. Many of you understand. Along the way I've found some truly killer deals. I love it so much that I now buy all my clothing at yard sale prices. Either I've rummaged through sale racks in the local store or I've spent my Saturday seeking out fun in others sales. I must say that my favorite finds always come from the DI. On Saturday I linked up with Adrianne and we went yard sale and DI shopping. I found great finds. My boys now have their scout books (each $1), I have a new purse ($1), an (ugly, that's what my husband calls it) new shirt ($1), and roller blades for Isaak ($8). There's something wonderful about walking away having spent so little and having so much in my bag. I would say that Saturday was truly well spent!