For Kjel's birthday this year I was holding off on a present. I really didn't know what to get him. The answer came this evening. Kjel will be getting the equity in our home. Tonight it happened we got an offer on the house. We are accepting the offer and will be packing up and soon moving. Kjel leaves on Thursday for Chicago and I'll stay behind with the kids until he has a place for us to stay. I was at parent teacher conferences this week and a good friend of mine said to me, "you know it only takes one person." It was comforting to think that it would only take one person to walk through the house and it would sell. She must have been linked in because the very next people to walk through bought it.
Is this good?? Of course, because we knew we were supposed to move. We also knew that Kjel was on his way out and we were going to miss him terribly.
Is this good? Of course not because our family is here and our VERY good friends are here and our kids amazing school is here and we love our home and our neighbors and everything else that we have right here in Utah.
Is this good? Yes, because living outside of Utah will teach me so much.
Is this good? No, because I'm scared and at times I truly lack faith in myself and my ability to hear the Lord speak to me.
Is this good? Yes, because the Lord is leading us and I can feel His presence even though I am weak and truly inadequate.
Is this good? No, because I leave behind good people like Sis. Jill and Jacqueline (my new friend next door) and Stacie and Adrianne and Lynne and Cristy and Melanie and Julia and my VT partner Glowina and so many women in this area that I look up to and admire and nearly everyone that is reading this page. And my boys leave behind good friends like Lucas and Matthew and David and Byron and Ryan and even Betsy.
Is this good? Yes, because my kids will learn so much as we hold to one another as a family with only each other.
Is this good? No, because I leave behind my mom and dad and my brother and his family and my sister and her husband and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. And Kjel who loves his family will soon be without them.
Is this good? Yes, because I can get to my sister and her family in less than 24 hours. Imagine I could be there by this time tomorrow.
Does any of this matter? No, because I know what we are supposed to do and I know that we must take this step.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers. WE love you!