Friday, October 03, 2008

early

It's been a long day. I'll document everything for posterity in just a minute. First I must say that I have learned a great lesson today. Yesterday afternoon as I was driving to do pick up I was thinking about my scripture study. I always try to fit a little in but some days I just get nothing done for me personally. I decided to set my alarm to wake me before the kids get up and make certain that I read my scriptures. Before anything else!! There's this great scripture that I've spent a lot of time studying. A lot of time on one passage. Doctrine and Covenants 54:10; And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls. Even so. Amen.
Last night as I was working I kept falling asleep typing. I do some transcription work from home. I was certain I would be able to get it done. So I kept jolting myself back to coherent and kept trying to work. I finally realized that there was no way I would be able to get the work done and even if I did there was no way it could be accurate with long lines of w's or y's. As I feel asleep I remembered that I had my alarm set to wake me early so that I could read my scriptures and I thought to myself, perfect I'll just wake up and finish the work then. I can read my scriptures later in the day, no worries.
The night was long with lots of strange dreams and visits from children and watching the hours tick on the clock. I was again awake before my alarm and started to prep myself to begin work. This thought entered my mind, "I want the Lord to know I'm on His side. I want to have myself in a position to hear Him speak to me through the Holy Ghost." I pondered that and thought yes, that's true so I will make certain I read the scriptures today but this morning I need to make sure my boss is happy because these docs are urgent. My voices spent some time talking it out with each other. (I may have wasted some time in this process) Finally clarification came to me and I realized that I needed to read my scriptures. I needed to show myself what is most important to me. So I read. I read somewhere in 3NE. It's this weeks reading assignment for Gospel Doctrine. I then moved on with my day. Nothing short of a miracle presented itself at my doorstep.
This is my day:
5:30AM kids start to wake (are you crazy, please go back to bed)
5:50AM I give in and get up and wrestle with what is most important work or scripture study.
6:00AM I'm reading scriptures in the boys room while they play Clue Jr.
6:30AM I'm picking up the kids rooms and helping make beds because today the appraiser is coming.
7:00AM helping the kids get lunches and breakfast, call Kjel for family prayer.
7:30-8:30 AM dropping kids off at school.
8:30-10:00 I'm working while Isaak plays with Matthew. I also took a quick work break here so I cold blog the cute picts of Matthew and Isaak and Rocky(the dog that thinks it's a person).
10:16AM Ryan arrives to play for the day because his dad is having surgery.
10:30AM Appraiser arrives to check out the house.
10:00-11:30AM I'm working while Isaak, Ryan and Matthew play. At one point I got a call from my sweet niece Carisa Joy. Thanks for calling it made my heart smile. I promise we will go grocery shopping together soon!!
12:00 PM my work is finally finished I make lunch for the kids and print off the houses I'm supposed to be looking at so Kjel can do some walk throughs.
12:30 PM Drop Ryan off at a different friends house so I can pick my kids and his siblings up from school.
12:30-1:40PM Picking kids up from school.
2:00PM Kids are outside playing and knock, knock at the door.
2:00PM Surprise visit from the person who is inspecting my house. It seems he forgot to let me know he was coming. He is here to check out all the problems and the buyers will be here at 4:00.
2:00-4:00PM Cleaning, putting away, doing dishes, solving fights, helping others feel included, being SUPERMOM?
4:00PM Buyers arrive (I must say they are super nice people).
4:10PM We leave so the buyers can do their thing. We decide to get pizza for dinner.
4:40PM Arrive back at home to eat and the buyers are still checking the house out. They say they are leaving but the kids were already planning to eat pizza at the park so the park is our dining destination.
5:30PM Arrive back at home to see the Ausbornes mom and dad. Surgery has gone well. Hallelujah.
At this point it's me and 6 boys. We have two extra because they are spending the night. They are some of our best friends and we won't have much time left to hang out with people we love so I offered to have the kids spend the night. This way my boys win and Josh Ausborne wins because he can sleep in tomorrow morning or at least have a little less noise. I must say I really don't know what has gone on since 5:30PM. I know I've talked with Kjel and he has safely arrived at his destination. I know the kids have done some "science" experiments, I've taken away a slingshot, I've played chess with Anthony and I've played a couple rounds of this really fun card game with Byron and David. A few injuries have occurred but there is no physical proof so I'm pleading the 5th.
9:00PM The boys are all downstairs watching Napoleon Dynamite and playing games. They have started to quite down and within the hour I will be telling them to turn the lights off and we will all be in bed.

So why did I type all of this? Not because reading my scriptures this morning brought forth a beautiful blossoming day with a lovely mother to greet all in her presence. I'm typing this because I held it together. I got an unbelievable amount of work accomplished and even though I am EXHAUSTED and ready to drop into bed and fall asleep, the day has been good. We've had fun, I've felt patient (not always the truth) I've felt strength. I know that reading my scriptures this morning brought me the extra strength I needed to get through this day. I will say that the alarm I set to wake me each morning at 6AM so that I can read my scriptures will not be going off tomorrow. I will be sleeping in. I will also say that I've learned a great lesson today and if I have any brains about me I will implement it and the first thing I will do each day is have my personal scripture study.

It's bed time. I can shower for today, tomorrow.