We've now made it for over a week without the oldest boy around. We miss him, we want to be with him. As Kjel and I have talked we've both realized how much we depend on one another. The thing that's cool is that we can actually get by without each other we'd just rather work on life together.
It was the worst of times because:
1. Kjel belongs in bed next to me
2. Anthony misses daddy a lot
3. Things don't run as smooth when mom is in charge
4. Digging out window wells is only fun when you're watching
5. Kjel's better at yelling at the kids
6. No sound of the garage opening late in the evening
7. Mom is doing carpool both ways
8. Adults make good conversation
9. No one around to remind me of what's most important
10. Kjel's gone
It was the best of times
1. When Kjel's not in bed next to me I get to sleep with special visitors
2. Anthony is realizing how much he loves his daddy
3. Life is more interesting because you never know what mom might do
4. I'm strong and now I know how much more I can do physically than I thought I could (Please note here that I only dug gravel out of the window wells)
5. I'm getting better at being in charge and the kids are getting yelled at less (love you babe)
6. I've learned to close up the house and feed the kids without being reminded
7. Both ways for carpool means I get to see my boys more
8. Kids make good conversation I just have listen more
9. Still working on figuring out what's most important but getting better at it
10. I talk to Kjel on the phone constantly and bug him more than ever
We're learning a lot as we've been apart. Life is treating those in Utah and Chicago well. We're all happy, healthy and thankful we will see each other soon.