It's late and I should certainly be asleep but my mind is racing and sleep will not come. So of course I'm checking up on all my blog links. It's been interesting to peek into peoples lives this evening. I've laughed, cried, pondered, prayed and wondered.
I remember a few years ago my cousin, Stacie told me of an experience she had when she was driving on the highway. Suddenly her mind was flooded with the thought of where are all these people going? It was one of those moments when you think wow, this universe is so large with so many of us begging for gravity to continue to keep us connected and so many of us wishing it would just let us go.
Tonight I kissed my grandmother's beautiful forehead for the final time. She will soon pass. I posted once about this beautiful woman but truly my skills are limited and have done no justice in sharing the life of my Grandmother. It is an honor to be linked to her forever.
I've been to funerals and there are hard parts involved. I always ache for the people left behind. I always feel awkward because I'm a fixer and there are things that can not be solved. I fidget and wish that I could take it all away. And lastly it always seem so surreal to drive to the grave site as other cars are taking people to grocery stores and games and school. It seems as though we should all stop and breathe for just one moment. How can we just continue?
Alas, life keeps turning and at some point tonight, sleep will catch me and I will find tomorrow arriving at my door. I will get up in the morning to boxes that are in need of packing and children that need to be to school, on time!! I will forget to breathe and it will just happen.
Love you Grandma!!