Friday, November 28, 2008

black friday

I'm addicted and many around me are seriously wondering if I should seek professional help.
I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!!!
I love the crowds, the long lines, the crazy people. I love it all. It's a great way to start the shopping season. Many know I hate shopping. I hate spending money. I hate walking through stores and looking at things. I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!! The longer the line the more fun it is. I actually don't even have to buy anything. I just want to participate.

This year was my first to go it alone. I awoke at 3:30 so I could catch the sales at Kohls, Wal-mart, JcPenney and Target. Black Friday here is different then Utah. Strange enough the people here are nicer. They talk to you while you stand in line. They apologize when they bump into you. They keep the unwritten rules that if you didn't stand in line you should wait until the line goes in before you enter the store. The best part though was my use of technology and waking Adi up so she could start her Black Friday shopping. She and I spent the morning on our phones chatting about our deals and our lines and our funny happenings. It was wonderful. Hooray for Black Friday. A few points of interest to share from the day:
  • The longest line I stood in was at Wal-Mart. When I got in it was about 1/4 mile long and after I'd been in it for a little while it stretched even further.
  • The largest amount I saved was $1000.00. I bought some shades and blinds for the house. I wouldn't have spent the extra $1000.00 to buy them but I can still brag that I saved the $1000.00 (notice how I keep typing $1000.00)
  • My favorite deal was the $4 pj's. I've been trying for years to get this deal and always end up without. This year... SUCCESS!
  • My shortest register line was at Wal-Mart and I walked right up and made my purchase.
  • The store I spent the longest amount of time in was Target as I was trying to come up with something to give the kids that wasn't electronic, guns, toys or movies. I came up with some card games. I'd like another idea but it hasn't come to me yet.
  • The deal of the day was I got to have an early ultrasound. It seems that my uterus was measuring large and they wanted to make sure my due date was correct and see if there was more than one baby. For posting sake it would be fun to tell you that I got a killer 2 for 1 deal. But it seems I just have a FAT uterus. It's good I'm having one. I played mom of twins once and I wasn't very good at it. I have pictures of baby that I'll post as soon as I find a way to scan them.
I must say the day was succesful and super fun. Hooray for Black Friday!