Monday, December 15, 2008

have you found a church yet?

I've only been invited to church twice in my life (unless you count postcards in the mail). Once I was invited to see my neighbors sons christening. The other time happened at the library. I must say I was truly ecstatic. I brought home the card and seriously wanted to attend. I spent the weekend sick in bed or I would have gone.
The lady was so kind when she shared her church with me. She had found out I was new to the area and after some small talk she asked me if I'd found a church yet. The question caught me off guard and I actually had to think about it. Finally I stumbled the words yes out. We chatted some more and then parted ways. Soon after parting she found me and gave me this card and invited me to attend church. All I could think was, "she thinks I'm special enough to go to her church" I was beeming inside and out.