Today I'm thinking about my cute kids and the funny things they say. Yesterday when we were in the van on the way to school (yes, we ride in the van even though it only takes 10 minutes to walk, it's really cold and I'm really pathetic) Clayton was saying something rude to Anthony. I was ignoring it because they tend to sling mud at each other and when I get involved they think it's funny and it makes matters worse, hence the rule that I only get involved when there's blood. So, Clayton shares some kind words with his brother to which Anthony says... "Well I'm rubber and your glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you." Do you remember the phrase? I do, it was one of my favorites. I even got my hips and head and finger a wagging when I said that. So I'm in the car laughing to myself about rubber and glue and the good old days when being a kid sucked! Suddenly, into my mind pops the thought of how true the statement is. This may be confusing as I explain but if you hang in there it could make sense, no promises. SO, when I make a comment (negative or positive) it sticks in my mind. I am required to carry that with me. Some may be more subconciously carried, others more obvious, however, it is in my patterns. As I negatively address people around me I am then more negative outwardly obviously but also I end up inside more aware of my misgivings. I can say these things to peoples faces or behind their backs however stated my awareness of my faults are then pummeled into my forethoughts. I don't know if I'm making my point but in my mind it makes perfect sense. Many years ago, many years ago I was in a parking lot and saw a large woman walking (I can't believe I would share this) to her car. In my mind I thought boy I'm glad that I'm not that large. However during that time I spent many hours torturing myself about my weight. I hated ever inch of my body, thus I was always looking for someone who in my mind looked worse. (again, I can't believe I shared this) I think the story illustrates the point, maybe.
ON a lighter side Kjel showed the kids this great "classic" movie from his childhood. It's called Clash of the Titans. It's a Greek God kind of thing and Clayton and Anthony think that's cool so it seemed like the perfect film. I sat down to begin with but only lasted a little while because my mind can barely figure out reality, thus I don't find interest in other worlds it only causes confusion. So in the first 10 minutes of the show one of the greek something women is shown breast feeding her child. You can see it ALL!! Kjel jumped up to forward the movie but of course it was already ingrained in the sweet boys minds. Kjel quickly turned to me and sheepishly said I don't remember that. I told the kids that they better not take any pictures of me nursing the baby or their butts would be in a sling. Too funny, I can't believe a guy wouldn't remember that. Here's the best part though. Last night Nic was hanging out with me and dad just chatting and somehow it came. I asked Nic what he thought of the movie. He said it was innappropriate. I said what was? He was too embarassed to even say the words. Poor kid.... I said well dad's not embarrased. Nic quipped yes, well Dad's seen it all. I couldn't stop laughing. Nic meant Dad had seen all the movie. I of course with my gross twisted mind thought otherwise. Nic kept looking at dad and I weird, wondering what was so funny. I just laughed and said, you're a cutey!