This year I didn't even realize the game was coming. Kjel I'm sure would have loved to watch the game but we are without television channels. We have a TV it just doesn't get anything other than PBS and this weird station called Qubo (sp).
When I realized the game was going to be on Sunday I couldn't stand the thought of missing out on the food. The only reason I ever participated was the snacks. Saturday evening I quickly made a list of the necessary game day treats.
- M&M's
- Twizzlers
- Chips
- Mom's dip
I didn't have the recipe for my mom's dip and after trying to reach her I gave up and called my sister for the recipe. She remembered it and shared the key ingredients. She also had put together a list of necessary Super Bowl treats. Bet you can't guess what was on her list?
Sunday afternoon we pulled out the snacks and I couldn't help but remember all the fun years of being a kid watching the game. We'd gather down in the basement huddled around the television (food) cheering for whatever team we knew or in my case could figure out from their jersey. I stuck around long enough to watch a few commercials and make certain I got my share of YUM!!
Thanks mom for good memories!