Monday, March 23, 2009

dreams

These aren't the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat kind of dreams. These aren't the kind where you wake up and think what a wonderful moment. Saturday night I had two dreams that are still very fresh in my mind and all I could think was WHAAAA?? Personally, I think they have a underlying message. At this point in time I'm choosing to ignore the possible message. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the dreams for what they are, pure and crazy entertainment.

DREAM #1
Lynne and I were helping a ward member in Riverton, UT. He needed to have his meds refilled and needed a ride. I don't know this man but in my dream he seemed to be a good friend, someone we both knew. We picked him up and he was insistent on taking the horse. It seems this request was not unreasonable but due to the nature of it Lynne decided that the kids should stay with her husband. We dumped the kids and then headed back over to get this brother. Here's where it gets a litte strange. When we got to his home I got down on all fours and he proceeded to climb on top of me, the horse. No one saw this as strange or asking too much. Not even did I seem to think it was out of the ordinary. I then galloped all the way to 5400 S and we filled his prescription.

DREAM #2
I was at a dance workshop. I went to many of these before I had kids and still often dream about me dancing and training and practicing. It's a really fun way to feel young and super heroish again. So I was at this workshop just loving life and it was time to hit the showers. I was in the shower and this girl came and stole all my clothes and my towel. She then ripped the curtain open and began to announce that I was fat. She worked hard to make a commotion and bring attention to my large body. Strangely at the beginning of the dream I was my skinny dancing self but by the end I was my full figured pregnant WOMAN. I couldn't just stand there naked and take her attack. So I stepped forward in all my glory and told her, "my body is beautiful, I am strong and capable as is every other woman." You have no right to determine beauty." "Give me my clothes and let me get dressed." If I was a superhero in my dreams at this point she would have stepped back and given forth what was requested. I'm not though and she continued to chide and barrage me. Others started shrinking away but even after I continued to stand firm in my cause she was certain she could bring me around to her way of thinking. Eventually I got my clothes from her grip and dressed myself, although my clothes didn't fit and went on my way.


I'm sure there is no link or underlying message in these dreams.