The weekend consisted of Kjel and I (boys present but only partly involved) beginning the project of clearing out the dead in the backyard. Our plan for Saturday was to rake out the overgrowth so that the living would have a better chance at continuing to live. Upon commencement of the project we realized that there were several dead trees. This meant borrowing a chain saw and doing a little more manual labor then we had planned for the day. We spent hours cutting, raking, hauling, pulling. We have many hours to go. The boys helped and played. It was an absolutely beautiful day so no complaints are raging inside of me. I love to work outside in the yard and I love to do it with the kids and the hubby along side.
That evening Kjel gave me the night off to attend Stake Conference. I rode up with two sisters in the ward and four elder missionaries. The messages shared were wonderful. I gained some good insight and really enjoyed myself. After the meeting we took off to this happy place called Kopps. They serve..... ICE CREAM!!! and other items too. I basked in one of the delicious flavors of the day and vowed to bring the family for their dining pleasure. We'll be going there this evening for FHE.
When I arrived home that's when I noticed they were gone. I stood on the scale because certainly if they had disappeared they would have taken their weight with them. WHAAAA?? What number is screaming at me?? It was then that I realized they were not gone, they had filled themselves with fluid! My poor ankles.
Sunday morning I awoke to larger ankles and realized this was going to take some serious work to kick the extra fluid out. I of course got dressed and went to Stake Conference. It was at our building and through the great means of technology President Monson spoke to 8 different states for their Stake Conference that day. I cried, laughed and realized that my ankles were not getting better. When I finally arrived home this is what I saw:



Some would say it's only ankles. How much concern must I really draw to this small insignificant loss/gain? Silly me is more worried about the size of my ankles than I am worried about the constant contractions that remind me I'm pregnant.
When I was pregnant with Clayton I spent 8 weeks on bed rest because I was blessed with experiencing pre-eclampsia. Because so much time has passed (11 years), I don't really remember much except that being on bed rest is not as much fun as it sounds. It was a tough 8 weeks. I also spent a few weeks on bed rest when I was pregnant with Nic. Bed rest proved to be interesting while Clayton (3) and Anthony (2) ran around the house. I don't want to be on bed rest. In case you didn't notice that last sentence let me repeat I DON'T WANT TO BE ON BED REST!!
Time to get to work. Feet up, water in. Can you say drink water! Time to hydrate. Although I was already overly hydrated to help decrease the number of contractions I'm having. It's time to step it up again.
All this blah, blah, blah just so I can tell you that this morning my dear friends are back. They have purged themselves of the extra fluid. I am no longer walking around on stumps. The extra padding around my feet has removed itself and I feel like a million dollars. I will not be calling the doc to inform him that I, over the weekend diagnosed myself with pre-eclampsia. (I had gone down the list of warning signs and although I could not detect Protein in my urine I could check off all other items thus bringing to my mind the certainty of my diagnoses)
I will be sporting my ankles with great pride this day as we go about enjoying another day of Spring Break!!!