This morning Isaak was quite upset that we were going to see my doc. I guess he has not yet fully recovered from the last visit. I packed a bag for him because I knew there would be a wait due to the fact that this visit also included the standard glucose testing. He approached the visit with trepidation and was insistent upon the backpack staying in the vehicle.
This reminds me of when I was a child and we'd get in the car. If we stayed away from the freeway I knew the drive would be short. As soon as we approached the freeway my heart would sink because without fail this meant the trip would be grueling and long. As an adult I can see my error in this assumption so I pulled Isaak's backpack out of the van and brought it with us.
When you go in to the doc's for a visit you always get to stand on the scale. The scale at my docs place is wonderful. It looks like this:

Just stepping up to the scale is intimidating. It's this big machine of spewing numbers and who knows what it will share.
I believe I mentioned early on that I am above average. How much weight can a person gain in a 4 week period?? If you like to stick to the standard grade A weight gain then you'd only pull off a mere 4-7 lbs. Of course I would hate to be placed in such an insignificant category of normalcy.
I am the proud owner of an additional 15lbs. I'm packing it on! Kjel says that's why they call it a Pachyderm. I have 11 weeks to go and my only real concern is that the doc has now decided that I should be visiting with him more frequently. That means my next appointment is in 2 weeks. If I gain 15 lbs every two weeks this could be an interesting predicament.
Just so you know the doc didn't even mention my new size. His focus was on baby and contractions. He's not overly concerned about the contractions but will be monitoring me more closely, thus the appointment in two weeks. He believes the contractions are being caused by the type of child I'm raising in my home. It seems there are girl children and then what he calls the other kind. He can say this because he has two of the other kind. He is quite certain that this other kind of child could possibly be placing some stress on the household. He suggested I get a job and find someone else to take care of the family. He was certain the contractions would then stop. He may be onto something. I'll keep my day job though and continue happily raising the other kind.
My mom wondered if Milo is having a contest with me to see who will gain the most weight. I'm chatting with Milo right now to let him know that I will win. I couldn't take being defeated by such a young child. We'll save it until he's 11 and can truly take me down.
So to sum up the days events
- I'm gaining weight. With each pregnancy I put on between 50-80 lbs. This is not unusual for me.
- Doc wants to see me more often. He must think I'm cute!
- Contractions are still happening regularly but worry not as I get closer they will stop. I've never had a baby without Pitocin intervention.
- Isaak is sick of the doctors and no longer does the babies heartbeat bring interest or excitement to him.
- I'll be going back to see doc in 2 weeks, crossing my fingers that when I stand on the scale I will again be above average, however, hopefully not breaking any mass records for myself.
- When I started growing this baby I weighed 140, I'm now a beautiful, curvaceous 189.