The last two years Kjel has celebrated the day by giving me a gift. For those of you who do not know, this is a BIG deal. Kjel and I don't give each other gifts. We don't on birthdays, we don't on anniversaries, we don't on Christmas, we don't on Valentines. We just don't do gifts. Last year he got this bug in him and decided to take the boys shopping and bought me some pajamas and bath oil. I felt beyond spoiled. It was nice that he thought of me.
This year Kjel out did himself!! He surprised me with a corsage to wear to church. Did I mention I HATE the attention? I was sick as he pinned the corsage to my jacket and we walked out the door. He knew this was SO much more than he should have done and he smiled his Cheshire grin as we walked out the door. I must thank the scout who was doing a fundraiser for camp that hit my hubby up and sold him my fate.
As a mom I got other gifts that brought smiles to my face because each one was a perfect representation of the child that created it for me.
- Isaak made me a card yesterday and then he played a little air guitar and sang me a song in "Spanish."
- Nic put forth great effort at school and made me a construction paper flower pot filled with construction paper flowers to be picked. Each stem contained something that he was willing to do for me. The gift also included a printed card with sentence starters. My favorite is, My Mom sometimes... messes up. Isn't that sweet.
- Anthony dumped his gift on my bed and went on his way. A flower magnet with his glowing face.
- Clayton excitedly let me know he had a Mother's Day gift for me. Eager and awaiting this great prize I smiled and then laughed when he said, "but I left it at school."
The kids after church proclaimed that Mother's Day was officially over. Glad we pulled through the required celebrations, now we can move on to more important things. Like me coming up with a great way to embarrass Kjel on Father's Day. Can anyone say tie decorated by his sweet children, made worse by his loving wife?