What started out as a disappointment quickly turned into the number of the day.
Another visit to the docs and another opportunity to stand on the scale. This time the weight gained was 3 lbs. This is the smallest amount I've gained since I started this adventure but it's also the shortest amount of time between visits. I wanted to cry. I was surprised to see myself so upset about 3 lbs. After all, you'd think I'd break down over the 70lbs that had gone on up to this point. I just stood there feeling so sad.
I am still not wishing away the moments I have left with this child inside. I will never get those back. I will get back my old jeans and my ability to bend. I think the numbers just got into my head and left a bad taste.
After weigh in, I found myself covered in a paper towel wondering what doc would find out about the upcoming arrival of baby.
The number that only moments earlier had burned it's irritating self into my mind was now my best friend.
What's that you say doc, I'm a what? I am dilated to a 3. I am a 3. I've never heard such a perfect number.
Some may be wondering how this little number could show such promise for me. Let me explain. I have never been dilated this far at a doc visit. I've been at a 1 or a 2. But never a 3. Now, some women walk around for years (this may be an exaggeration) dilated to a 3. I'm going to just ride this moment of bliss. I'm going to seize the satisfaction of knowing that my body is doing something.
3 IS a magic number!!