Sunday, June 14, 2009

sunday smiles sitting down unswollen

This week due to the arrival of my mother I've spent a lot of time just sitting. Amazing that from the couch there are still smiles to be had.

I smiled when this arrived:
Kjel and my mom

Prior to my mom's arrival I did get out of the house and see Anthony race his car at school. It made me smile to see his excitement.


Tuesday night was the 5th grade graduation celebration. Kjel took the camera and documented as much of the evening as possible. Here is a picture of Clayton with his home room teacher and his reading teacher.


Wednesday, Anthony presented our home with a volcano he made at school. He was extremely excited to do the vinegar baking soda explosion. We've done this several times but it always makes a kid smile to mix things up and get a reaction. We only had red wine vinegar so the big spill over was significantly lacking. We've added (standard) vinegar to the grocery list and he'll be setting off the reaction again soon.



Isaak's ability to "create" fashion always brings smiles to my face. Here is an outfit he put together for Monday. I must say the effort he put forth to wear the shirt inside out added the perfect final touch to his piece.


Who put your socks on this week? I smiled when I asked Anthony for his help putting my socks on. It reminded me of when he was a little guy and I'd sit and put his socks on. He rolled his eyes when I told him it was just like when he was little. I guess he's not as sentimental as I may be.

I smiled this week as I watched my belly grow. The last few days I've really felt it gaining size. On Sunday I was sliding into the church pew and bumped an innocent man with my belly. I was slightly embarrassed but the biggest problem was that I couldn't help but laugh. He was gracious and kindly let my intrusion of his personal space be forgotten. It just made me smile that my belly has grown so much that I don't even know how much space I take up!

A smiling update on swelling. It seems that if you actually sit down and put your feet up they will get better. My body is feeling much better. My feet look better and I'm gaining a significant amount of energy. This brings smiles to my face because labor and delivery is hard work and I was worried about having the strength to pull through the experience.







I smiled when my sweet little guys arrived home for the summer. I can still remember the feeling of the last day of school; the thrill of summer, the way it smells, tastes, sounds.


I smiled on Friday when Nic and I read this book his teacher gave him. It has the cutest ending. I can't wait to read it over and over.

So many smiles just in my heart as I've had experienced moments of joy and moments of trial. It's near the end of this pregnancy. How can it be that the time has passed? How can it be that the moments have drifted away? How blessed to feel myself incapable of this process and knowing that the Lord will sustain and doesn't expect me to pull it off.