Thursday, June 04, 2009

it all comes out in the wash

I know good mommies check pockets. They check pockets when kids come home, they check pockets before they leave parks, they check pockets after a trip to the store. Most importantly they check pockets before doing wash.

I've already secured my spot as bad mommy so I take no steps to improve my spot on the totem pole. Thus, I DO NOT CHECK POCKETS.

Well, because of this rule that I've created we've had many great experiences. You know the saying, "it all comes out in the wash", well it's true!! It ALL comes out in the wash. I must add my little addition though.... and it ALL stains the dryer and the clothes that were once clean!!

I should have learned my lesson 9 years ago when I cleaned pen out of the dryer or 5 years ago when an entire box of crayons went through the dryer and left me a beautiful rainbow. Possibly I could have learned this lesson a few weeks ago when I washed a pen but caught it prior to the dryer and took a sigh of relief that it didn't go through the dryer. MANY times I've found myself bent over the dryer scrubbing with multiple concoctions trying to remove stains that if not removed will only continue to stain my clothes as I dry them. It still makes no sense to me that stains that are absolutely STUCK and cannot be cleaned by any human chemical creation, can when wet clothes are added to the dryer continue to ruin clothing.

So why the rant? This morning I came upon this innocent looking contraption:



When I opened it (i was planning on being a cute wife and folding some clothes) my heart sank into my swollen ankles and I knew my rule of not checking pockets had proven me wrong again.

The total damage count is:
3 pair boy pants
3 boy shirts
1 pair Kjel shorts
1 Kjel shirt
2 pair Kjel work pants
1 pair maternity jeans (good thing I'm almost done)

Check out the pictures.





I'm still trying to clean up the mess but progress has been made.

The moral of this story is : All little boy pockets should be sewn shut!!