Sunday, June 28, 2009

sunday smiles

As this week began I was concerned I would not have any smiles to share. I knew this week would be momentous but I was worried that my usual darkness of postpartum would settle in and it would be too overcast to see the smiles.

Fortunately, I WAS WRONG. I have had moments of inner struggle but with the help of my mom and husband (smiles for them) I have been able to stay on top of the yucks and smiles have actually been in abundance.

Tuesday afternoon I smiled when I saw this picture my mom took of Matthias.

On Sunday when we got home from the hospital Nic brought me a big smile as he shared with me his new ability to kill flies with his bare hands. Soap please!!!


On Wednesday when I got out of the shower I smiled because the towel wrapped completely around my body. It's been a LONG time since the towel fit around my body. On Tuesday morning (as previously posted) I discovered that I fit in my maternity jeans. It just brought big smiles so here's a picture.

On Tuesday our family was blessed with another addition Kjel swore we'd never get. The Griffeth family gave us their trampoline before they moved. I smiled BIG smiles as I watched the kids outside loving every bounce!

Thursday night Kjel brought me my favorite burger from Chili's. Smiles for the cute husband that brought home the Spicy Black Bean Burger! YUMMERS.


This guy brought me smiles all week as he begged to hold the baby and would just sit and hold him for hours and hours.

Friday morning Kjel took the boys to the beach. Of course the kids had a great time. They even brought home rocks for my collection.


Friday night we celebrated Matthias' week old birthday. My mom went and bought this:
I'd have taken a picture of my bowl but somehow it disappeared too fast and there just wasn't time to click a pic!

It's wonderful to have a baby and to realize that we've had him with us for an entire week. I also felt sad that the week had passed and the moments have been swept away. Last Saturday as 1:45PM appeared on the clock I stared at my day old baby and found myself overwhelmed. Friday at 1:45 PM I lost myself in the passing of time and begged for the pause button to present itself so I could snuggle a few extra seconds out of the first week.


Saturday morning I got to see my baby, holding my baby, holding my baby.

Saturday morning I found this on the couch.
I had to know who was reading the Book of Mormon. It was Anthony and he let me know that we needed a trip to the library because the only thing left in the house he hasn't read is that book and he really needs something worth reading. Makes a mother proud.

I've been pumping some milk as to help some items heal due to the vampire. I smiled big when I saw this:
It is absolutely incredible that my body made this! When Clayton was born I tried to do the make the milk thing. It ended up bad. I'm sure if I'd tried harder and applied more guilt my direction I would have been successful but alas, it did not work out. I've had a completely positive and blessed experience nursing 3 of my children. I can't imagine missing out on the bonding with Matthias. Big SMILES for mommy's milk.

Clayton has spent much of this week doing this:
I guess time passes faster if you've got a book in your hand.

An entire week of unexpected smiles! Hooray for upturned lip corners and flutters in my heart that blessed this week.