Sunday, July 05, 2009

sunday smiles star spangled style

The biggest smile of this week goes out to the men I saw while I was out walking around our neighborhood. The men were dressed in fatigues and coming home from work. One turned to the other and cheered him with an upbeat positive comment. I had to pause for a moment and think of the gratitude I have for those who do what I will never do. Thanks to the men and women who protect my family. Thanks for the sacrifices I will never know or understand. Big smiles sent to our servicemen and women, their families and loved ones.

I smiled this week when I saw a Young Man from our ward at work at the grocery store. I was having a rough afternoon and it brought smiles to me to see this Young Man at work. He's just a really great guy and he always has a smile and kind word for everyone. It brought smiles to me.

I smiled when this arrived:




Hooray for my dad being in town. Today we will bless Matthias and we'll have family with us for the special day. Big smiles.


I smiled this week when Kjel took the boys to Six Flags. He and my dad braved a busy Friday with four boys and spent way too long having fun. I smiled because the house was quiet and I smiled even bigger when the kids walked through the door with their big smiles and excitement.







On Saturday Kjel mowed the lawn. He found this while he was out:

Fortunately he found the baby bunnies with his eyes and spared them being found with the lawnmower.


This picture makes me smile. It's just me and Matthias.


I smiled when I was out walking and saw this beautiful young girl. She was running around the park. She was a larger sized girl and I was just so happy to see her running with a smile and pushing through the nasty. I wanted to give her a high five but sadly, I didn't, I just walked by and wished I had cheered her on.

I smiled this week when Isaak came and found me in bed. He was having a rough night so he decided to make a visit. I miss our time together and it was nice to see him.

I smiled when Matthias continued sleeping WAY too well. He only gets up once at night. I'm spoiled!

The last smile came in my e-mail. Thanks Stacie for the Happy Freedom Day e-mail. Thanks for thinking of my family and sending it our way. Sometimes it's just nice to know that someone was thinking of you.