Sunday, July 12, 2009

sunday smiles

Last week I forgot way too many smiles so this week I'm starting early to create Sunday Smiles.

Smiles I forgot.

I got a DVD in the mail from my nieces. BIG smiles as I watched their dances from their recital and listened to commentary by my niece Carisa Joy. Thanks for all the fun clips of your family.

Smiles as I looked at my hands and noticed all the scars I have. Small ones but each one is proof that I had a great childhood of adventure and fun.

At church I was looking around at all the children. I couldn't help but smile when I noticed how many of the kids were covered in mosquito bites. To me this meant they got to spend some time running around outside. Hooray for childhood. Not hooray for mosquito's which are covering every square inch of area we live in.

I smiled sweet smiles when I saw this on my friends blog. Love you!

First I had NO idea they hadn't been to the temple. I actually hadn't even thought about it. But when I saw this picture and realized what it was saying I was extremely happy for their family!

This week's smiles:

I smiled Sunday afternoon when Anthony again graced us with his quick wit.
Clayton made eggs for everyone for dinner so he was saying he could grow up and be a butler. My dad said he could also use his skills to wait on his wife. Anthony quickly quipped.. "wait on her to do what?"
Oh that kid makes me smile.

I smiled on Monday morning when the boys decided to see what would happen if they left a balloon on the kitchen light. Any ideas?? You got it right... POP!




Isaak's reaction to it also brought me smiles. Hooray for the camera being out so I could catch the exact moment.



I smiled on Saturday night when Fiddler on the Roof was on television.

I smiled Saturday evening when we went to bed with the house clean. My mom tried several times to clean while she was in town but I was insistent that we would sit around and watch Matthias grow. This morning as I got started cleaning she called and we chatted. She asked what I was doing.... um, cleaning the house. She was quite upset that I had not let her do it before she left. I figure she can clean house anytime but how often will she get to watch Matthias be two weeks old??

I smiled when I saw pictures of kids eyeballs on my camera... It could be worse, they could have gotten a hold of something sharp or hot while I wasn't paying attention.

I smiled Friday evening when we met some kids at the park. One of the kids will be starting Kindergarten this year at the same school as Isaak. Just the idea of friends to be made makes my heart soar.

I smiled when I slipped on all my larger jeans and I still fit in my maternity jeans.

I smiled when my husband wrapped his arm around me Wednsday evening as we were falling asleep and told me he loved me. I can hardly believe after all these years he loves me.