Sunday, July 19, 2009

singing sunday smiles

Music has been everywhere this week. We've been pumping it in the car and throughout the house to make certain to bring a happy mood to every corner of our home and souls.

This week I decided I was tired of wearing panel pants (maternity pants) so I took myself to Goodwill to find a pair of pants that would fit my curves. Clayton came along for the ride and brought a smile.
Clayton: What about this pair of pants?
Mom: Those won't fit, they're too big.
Clayton: Well, we could get them for you to grown into.
Mom: I'm actually not trying to grow into anything, let's keep looking.

Kjel brought smiles home from work Monday evening when he started explaining a work process to me. I'm the girl who grew up not knowing what her father did for a living. I still know he works at a hospital and he's not a doctor but beyond that I'm clueless. This strength of mine has spilled over into my marriage and all I know about Kjel's job is he gets paid to be a nerd. So he's explaining this process and I start busting a gut because he said... "some sum's" I guess those two words together just make me giggle. Some sum's. Say it to yourself you'll have to smile.

Kjel broke down this week and let me know that I was right. Oh the delight in being right. It seems that the trampoline I've been fighting to get for years was actually a great idea. He likes the kids outside jumping. This week Isaak learned how to do a back flip on the trampoline.

I smiled when I found this:

While my mom was in town the kids made Ramen for lunch and one day a seasoning packet went missing and we couldn't find it. Luckily my mom mixed together some seasonings and the world continued to rotate correctly. Guess what mom? Found the seasoning packet. I'm keeping it right where I found it to remind me of how awesome it was to have you here with us.


Big smiles when Nic gave me a hug and he could reach all the way around my body!



Grocery shopping on Monday brought smiles when I found cherries for less than $2 a pound. YUM.
Later in the week it brought more smiles when the boys used them to eat and then try to fake me out that they were bleeding. Gotta love a boy and the many ways they enjoy food.



I smiled this week when I realized that there is a bug I will kill. I'm one of those freaky people that prefers to catch and release. I try to lead spiders and ants and other bugs out of the house. I beg the kids to help me catch them and then let them go outside. I'm just weird like that. I even begged Kjel to kindly catch a mouse that got into our house so that we could let him go outside. That ended with me crying when the mouse was killed. I get that I'm weird so no need to comment on it. So this week without even thinking I clapped my hands together and killed a mosquito. As soon as I did it I felt no remorse and knew for certain I would do it again.

I also smiled when I got bit by a mosquito. Not because I got bit by a mosquito but because I used my fingernail to make an X on the bite mark. When I was a child I learned this would instantly solve the itching problem. It still works!! Big smiles. Don't believe me? Check this out.

Smiles as I watched Kjel bathe Matthias. I've always had this fear of giving babies baths. I require Kjel to do all tubs until babies are much older.


While Matthias was in the tub Kjel flipped him over and I smiled when I saw my favorite part on babies; the back of their neck where the hair ends and the rolls begin.



Smiles for kids who love ICE CREAM as much as their mom.



Smiles when Isaak brought me Matthias and said, "he's hungry mom, I checked and he tried to eat my nipple."



Guess who is now 1 month old

if that doesn't make you smile nothing will!