Sunday, September 27, 2009

sunday smiles

I smiled this Sunday as I sat in the hall with Matthias. A father brought his son out to help remind him of appropriate behavior. The son kept saying, "Dad, my feet are bored." I just love kids.

I smiled Saturday night while watching the Relief Society Women's broadcast. I sat in a chapel and thought of my sisters and mom and how we were all watching it at the same time. How cool to be linked in such a blessed moment.

I smiled when I came back to bed from spending some quality time with the baby. Isaak had commandeered my spot next to Kjel. It was cozy to sleep between Kjel and Isaak.

I smiled when Clayton and I spent time shopping for Nic's birthday. It's fun to have older kids. They make for great coversation.

Friday morning I smiled as we cut cake and dished ice cream, for breakfast, in celebration of Nic's 8th birthday.

I smiled when my caller id ran up a good friend from Utah. It was wonderful to chat with her and remember her spirit.

I smiled after I mopped the floor. Glad it was done and glad that I could put it off again for way too many weeks.

I smiled when I dug potato's out of the garden. My hands were covered in dirt but I would have continued to dig for hours. I felt like it was my chance at a treasure hunt. So satisfying.

I'm smiling as I type this because Matthias is babbling all kinds of happy sounds and I just love to look into his eyes of wonder.